Don't you EVER give upPlease play the song while viewing this journal. I've tried my hardest to create a, well, a kind of experience for you. The music plays a crucial role in delivering that experience and a very important message. I promise you won't regret it. Just make sure the whole journal is loaded, turn on your speakers, push play, and start scrolling. The song is about 4 minutes so keep that in mind as you scroll. Please share this journal and help spread it's message!
depression? by DropDeadGirl
Gifts of the TravellerAll of us in some way or another are on a journey, for some of us we never leave home, yet we discover many things about ourselves and those around us as we travel (travail) through life. For others, this journey demands leave taking of those that we love, cherish and respect.
This weekend, my journey took me to Holland, Manitoba, and while that is an interesting story in which I met once again some very wonderful people, it is the story of Vincent Gabriel Kirouac that I wish to tell.
The road to Holland passes a Monastery. It is not a place that I have been to often, but I have passed it many times. A couple of weeks ago we had lunch with good friends and they offered us some amazing cheese made at this very Monastery. So, as my path took me this way, I was determined to stop and purchase some cheese. After a brief visit with the monks, I had made my purchase, and I was driving south along the road back to the main hig
Food In Focus: The Flavors Of India
FOOD IN FOCUS: The Flavors of India
Food is a universal language
One we all speak on a daily basis. We indulge in its savory, sweet, salty, sour or spicy flavors depending on our cravings of the day. Its tantalizing flavors draw us in and delight our taste buds. With each region of the globe creating its own unique cuisine, there are numerous delicious journeys you can take. So let’s embark on a culinary adventure as we explore delicious faire from around the wo
DroppedI tried to write them down;
all the moments she made me feel flooded with love.
I quickly began dropping moments.
Watched them hit the tiling and panicked,
as my shaking hands let slip the first time she said “I think I love her”,
the first time she opened her sleepy eyes and smiled,
the first time she asked me to stay close because I made her feel safe. Stable. Strong.
And I bit my tongue and pierced it with the jumble of words in my mouth
about how she was my centre of gravity.
These moments fell from my arms
and I winced to know that if I didn’t stop to pick them up I might lose them forever. That was scary.
But see, when you love the right girl
every second is worth saving
and I’m running out of memory.
Running out of time to write them down
because the spaces between the last time she made me feel like she wrote the earth for me,
and the next time,
is too small for poetry.
There are no spaces in between love, to memorialise love.
But don’t worry.
True WitnessI did not wish to come here...
I do not wish to stay..
I do no wish to see it...
But I must not turn away...
There has to be true witness...
someone has to know...
Someone must remember...
Else truth will never grow...
I will watch now and remember...
For those who do not see...
How truth itself was bended...
As if a Bonsai Tree...
And only one to witness...
And that singleton is me...
But I do no wish to be here...
And I fear what I shall See...
The main faults of a beginner (Me in 2012)... and how to correct them.
Credits and links to the stocks used on the new picture I Ching 05 - Xu (Waiting)
I was a bit ashamed about this picture done in 2012 and chose to redo it entirely (with another house, due to the removal from dA of the first one). But what were the main mistakes and how can we correct them?
Here are the faults which immediately grabbed my eyes:
In 2012, I didn't master the adjustment layers and I tried to blend the pictures together using a full of colored layers (colors picked on every source layer) on a soft light mode: it may be a solution sometimes, but it often gives a bad result as we can see here: The foliages are too yellow compared to the rest of the picture; the house looks like a visible collage; th
|Digital Work and Photomanipulations Folder|
|More Journal Entries|
~~~ Submission Guidelines -- Please Read ~~~
1. One submission per week please, except for sculpture, where the limit is three different views per week of the same piece, and Artisan Crafts, where the limit is two views of the same piece. This exception is because sculpture and crafts have many different viewing angles. Submissions will be voted on.
2. Please submit only your own work. Include title, medium, size, and any remarks relevant to the work's creation. Credit must be given for all stock and resources used (such as with photomanipulations or for models in photography), .
3. Please only submit work that you are really proud of and is the kind we're looking for (see Group Info), and is at least approximately at the level of what you see here in the galleries. We don't ever want to have to decline anyone, but if we do we will be happy to explain why if you wish.
4. At this time we do not accept work that is just a copy of a photograph, fan art*, fanfics, or comics.
5. We do not ever accept works involving horror, blood & guts, excessive violence, abuse, sex, exploitative nudity, or prejudice. We also do not accept work using materials that required the death or mistreatment of animals.
* Fan art can be tricky to define. I'm relating it to the age of the original work, whether it's still in copyright, and if so, whether the art was commissioned by the creator or owner of the work. An illustration of a fairy tale, myth, legend, or old 'classic' would not be fan art. An uncommissioned illustration based on copyrighted books, movies, or artwork would probably be considered fan art because it couldn't be exhibited or sold.
Visitors from Earth: